ARMANDO DELA CRUZ is a horror film and television writer based out of the Philippines. He covers horror media for a variety of sites, including Screen Anarchy, Comic Book Resources, Film Inquiry, and more. He’s the managing editor for Unreel, a film publication focused on covering Philippine and world cinema.
A copywriter by trade, Armand has written creative campaigns and copy for globally recognized brands such as Samsung, ViewSonic, Pizza Hut, and more. A cinephile by heart, he devotes most of his time to watching horror movies and series.
He’s currently developing a YouTube channel for horror hounds. He hosts a bi-weekly movie podcast called Pervision with co-host Geoffrey Ledesma.
Below are some of Armand’s writing clips:
- “Nightmare” Explained: Freddy Krueger as the ‘coolest’ bogeyman — Unreel
- Understanding the balletic rhythm of Bong Joon-ho’s “Parasite” — Unreel
- 15 deathly terrifying found-footage horror films lost under the radar— Unreel
- Ju-On: Origins is a ghastly clickbait — Genre Nutters
- The best Stephen King TV & movie appearances — Genre Nutters
- Review: PRIMAL RAGE Springs Familiar Predator Anew — Screen Anarchy
- ScreenAnarchy’s Top Ten Films of 2019 — Screen Anarchy
- Screen Anarchists On READY PLAYER ONE — Screen Anarchy
- The case for ‘Halloween III: Season Of The Witch’ and the lost anthology — Living Life Fearless
- SHORT OF THE WEEK: ‘PRETTY BITCH’ BY REBECCA COLEY — Modern Horrors
- Hitman Producer Teams With Vault Comics To Launch Graphic Novel Slate — CBR.com
- REPORT: Squirrel Girl To Star In Marvel’s New Warriors TV Series — CBR.com